The Vice President (VP) of Market Development reports directly to the President/CEO, and also works together with the management team towards fostering better business success for the organization.
The position entails expanding the company’s business across work environments and sectors by developing relationships within the communities we serve, or will serve, creating a business plan for building fiber assets into a market, becoming proficient in federal and state grant programs, and enabling sales with new areas to provide our products into.
We must emphasize on the need for the organization to record positive changes and experience profit growth in its dealings.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated success in the following areas:
- Growth-oriented and dynamic to meet the pace of competitors.
- Strong background in business development and sales; the candidate should also demonstrate achievements with such experience.
- Involvement in professional service settings, government, legal and B2B.
- Proven account management skills.
- Be the curious individual, ready to take calculated risks towards promoting company’s goals and ideals.
- Demonstrated problem-solver and capable of assuming responsibility, and the ability to act in full representation of the President/CEO whenever the latter is not available.
- Attending to clients and responding to their needs without supervision.
- Become proficient in the requirements for securing State, Local and Federal grant funds for investment in local communities with fiber assets
- Develop relationships with key local, state and federal contacts in order to grow our business
- Develop networks towards sourcing for new clients
- Work independently on customers’ needs
- Identify and develop resources relevant to business development and sales goals
- Sell the ideals and services of the business organization to the general public towards improving on sales generation
- Oversee the organizational effectiveness, management development, and leadership development of the organization towards improving the core content of the company
- Liaise with members of staff to ensure top level client experience in all cases of client interactions from follow up to delivery and needs assessment
- Attract, as well as retain clients by developing highly creative outreach strategies along with marketing director in the organization
- Work in line with the operational procedures of the organization towards its revenue generation and sales growth goals
- Manage a sizable number of members of staff to ensure they perform sales and marketing tasks of the organization as prescribed by management
Requirements – Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
This position is required to possess some cogent skills and abilities so as to perform effectively in his/her duties. Some of these qualities are highlighted below:
- Bachelor’s degree in sales related fields of study, including at least 10 years in client relationship management, professional services, business development, team leadership, Human Resources and B2B sales
- Strong leadership capability
- Strong relationship management skills
- Ability to grow and maintain relationship with any individual, irrespective of the background and type of personality
- Possession of good sense of humor
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong creativity and critical thinking abilities
- Ability to work with recent technological applications relating to daily tasks
- Strong detail-orientation and top level self-organization
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously
- Willingness to put in more working hours, even at odd times
- Possess reliable problem-solving ability
- Complete medical & dental coverage starting at 90% employer paid premiums for single coverage.
- Our safe harbor 401(k) plan is available to employees on day 1, and includes a 100% fully vested employer match of up to 4% of your compensation.
- LS Networks encourages staff members to pursue ongoing education and gain industry certifications by offering tuition reimbursement opportunities.
- 9 paid holidays, 2 floating holidays and 15 days PTO start accruing on day 1.
- Flexible work scheduling and work from home ability is also available after 90 days.
- LS Networks employees can also take advantage of local employee store passes, local sporting event tickets and much more!
LS Networks provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, age, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, military status, physical or mental disability, or any other legally protected status.