Linemen with LS Networks are responsible for Outside Plant construction, maintenance and repair of fiberoptic cable and customer interface connections. An experienced Lineman will bring knowledge and expertise in all aspects of new plant construction and existing plant repair and maintenance. An understanding and awareness of OSHA and NESC rules and requirements is an essential every-day part of working at LS Networks. LS Networks requires their Outside Plant Construction Personnel to be skilled in placing procedures and rules that ensure avoidance of construction violations and infractions.
The current opening is for Willamette Valley and the candidate will need to live within 45 minutes of Dallas, OR.
- Build aerial plant to customer specifications to include: framing poles, placing new strand, lashing new cable to bare strand, over lashing cable to existing strand and cable.
- Dismantle, move, and remove aerial, underground or building wire, cable associated equipment and hardware.
- Repair and maintain major cable/fiber system and structures such as broken lashing, replacing or re-sagging aerial strand, pole transfers, down-guys, aerial to underground conversion, make ready, VGR’s and all grounding and bonding functions as per NESC, & NEC code
- Participate, adhere to and support all safety related policies, processes and programs.
- Examine/inspect field conditions and identify problems, inaccuracies, and cost saving measures that arise or that may be encountered. Take corrective actions as needed reporting any issues to your supervisor.
- Operate power equipment such as compressors, pumps, blowers, hydraulic diggers, and hydraulic aerial bucket trucks
- Responding and restoring services for emergency calls, responsible for being on the job at short notice to repair damaged cables until service is restored.
- Proficient with construction equipment, and hand tools.
- Ability to lift and move up to 100 pounds including ability to carry, climb and operate extension ladder, (approx. 28 ft high and 75 pounds).
- Ability to climb poles using gaffs and climbing belt as needed
- Valid driver’s license, auto insurance, with a satisfactory driving record and ability to drive company vehicles (bucket truck) in a safe and responsible manner and operate hydraulic aerial lifts.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perceptions and the ability to adjust focus
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills including basic understanding of Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Must have good organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and organize effectively
- Must be able to work independently without supervision and interact effectively with other team members.
- Work and travel effectively in all manner of conditions, indoors and outdoors in all kinds of weather. Working conditions often include heights, nearness to power lines/electricity, and exposure to dust, dirt and noise.
Education and/or Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to adhere to Local and Federal regulations and Company Policies
- 2-5 years’ experience working as a lineman, or similar craft as a helper or laborer, and a basic knowledge of telecom OSP craft.
- Complete medical & dental coverage starting at 90% employer paid premiums for single coverage.
- Our safe harbor 401(k) plan is available to employees on day 1, and includes a 100% fully vested employer match of up to 4% of your compensation.
- LS Networks encourages staff members to pursue ongoing education and gain industry certifications by offering tuition reimbursement opportunities.
- 9 paid holidays, 2 floating holidays and 15 days PTO start accruing on day 1.
- Flexible work scheduling and work from home ability is also available after 90 days.
- LS Networks employees can also take advantage of local employee store passes, local sporting event tickets and much more!
LS Networks provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, age, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, military status, physical or mental disability, or any other legally protected status.