Position: Sales Engineer
Location: Redmond, OR and Tri-Cities, WA (2 positions)
Are you a talented, motivated individual who wants to work in an environment where your input is valued and fresh ideas are welcomed? Are you seeking opportunities for professional growth in Redmond? Do you like taking your work out of the office into the field where you can enjoy the beautiful Central Oregon weather and work with customers at their premise?
LightSpeed Networks, Inc., dba LS Networks, and dba Quantum Communications, is seeking a full time Sales Engineer for immediate hire. We are a telecommunications with offices in Redmond, Portland and Tri-Cities.
Since its inception eleven years ago, LS Networks has excelled in its mission to bring high quality Internet connections to rural & traditionally underserved communities in Oregon and has even expanded into Washington and California. LS Networks is in the unique position to offer individuals an opportunity to advance their careers with stability unknown to most tech start-ups, but with a level of autonomy and respect for innovation older companies and government agencies often lack.
LS Networks offers an excellent benefits package; new employees are eligible for complete medical & dental coverage after their first full month starting at 90% employer paid premiums for single coverage. Our safe harbor 401(k) plan is available to employees on day 1, and includes a 100% fully vested employer match of up to 4% of your compensation. LS Networks encourages staff members to pursue ongoing education and gain industry certifications by offering tuition reimbursement opportunities.
The major function of the Sales Engineer will be to interact with Sales team members and customers to execute the technical aspects of sales activity by developing appropriate solutions and building technical relationships. The Sales Engineer is able to focus ambiguous customer needs into specific, deliverable requirements and solutions to help qualify and quantify opportunities.
The following provides a summary of those essential tasks to be completed by the Sales Engineer, as well as the skills, abilities, education and/or experience we are seeking in candidates for the position.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish customer network solutions by analyzing customer’s business needs and developing intermediate range strategies based on knowledge of customer’s current communication network, equipment and desired network requirements.
- Advise Sales team and customers on technical aspects of LS Networks’ products including fit to customer’s needs, features, availability, etc.
- Enhances staff accomplishments and competence by planning delivery of solutions; answering technical and procedural questions for less experienced team members; teaching improved processes; mentoring team members.
- Work closely with Engineering to understand capabilities of network assets.
- Work closely with Operations to ensure products can be delivered and supported within the capabilities of LS Networks and its staff.
- Utilize expertise developed in executing the above duties to help streamline and improve Sales and SE processes. Responsible for regularly recommending improvements to management team. Outlines changes needed to the process, products, and customer support based on the identified improvements.
- Maintain an understanding of competitive capabilities and threats communicating those with management.
- Maintain product performance statistics for lifecycle performance, profitability and operational effectiveness.
- Work closely with partner organizations to ensure there is product alignment.
- Advanced analytical skills. Must be able to work through complex issues with a methodical approach. Advanced ability to graphically depict solutions in a compelling manner.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team. Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines. Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously. Must be detailed oriented
- Understanding of standard financial measures. Must have an intermediate understanding of Telecommunications industry and sales cycles.
- Advanced MS Office Suite knowledge and usage; including Microsoft Visio. Ability to learn internal systems such as Netsuite and FileMaker.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year College or university and five years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Advance understanding of voice, data, IP applications, communications technology and network design.
- Advanced understanding of technical terminology related to telecommunications products and services.
Please send an email with cover letter and résumé to HR@LSNetworks.net
LS Networks provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, age, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, military status, physical or mental disability, or any other legally protected status.