Are you a talented, motivated individual who wants to work in an environment where your input is valued and fresh ideas are welcomed?LS Networks is a quickly growing telecommunications company founded in Portland with the mission of bringing high-speed internet services to rural areas and is looking for a talented Senior Accountant to add to the team! The Senior Accountant is responsible for recording, processing and maintaining all receivable records and will grow into a leading position of the monthly close process.
Essential Accounting and AR Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs monthly close and grows into leading the close process
- Reconcile general ledger accounts
- Analyzes accounting records, including financial statements and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness and conformance to standards defined within the department
- Helps create accounting cycles and standard processes
- Creates reporting and financial information for key personnel, and internal/external stakeholders.
- Maintains and enhances internal controls to ensure compliance with financial legislation, policies, and procedures
- Invoice customers accurately
- Maintain customer tax exemption information
- Resolve billing problems and accounts receivable delinquencies, applying good customer service in a timely manner
- Respond to customer questions or inquiries regarding problems with their accounts
- Proactively verify accuracy of billing data and revise any errors
- Lead effort to automate billing process
- Monitoring and collection of past-due balances
- ·Make appropriate decisions on account activity consistent with approved authority levels
- Maintain trackers and reporting
- Provide initial dispute resolution and escalate unresolved issues appropriately
- Customer account research & analysis to create solutions to mitigate future problems and accounts with chronic issues
Other Job Duties:
- Reconcile monthly bank statements for checking, investment and credit card accounts
- Assist with other projects as needed
Other Skills and Abilities
- Must have strong work ethics, be detail oriented, reliable, a self-starter, and have a professional attitude
- Possess strong communication, organizational and time management skills.
- Must be able to follow standard filing procedures.
- Strong problem solving skills, basic accounting principles knowledge, documentation skills, research and resolution skills, data analysis, multi-tasking skills, writing skills, , attention to detail, thoroughness, and verbal communication.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable accounts payable/general ledger systems and procedures, financial chart of accounts and corporate procedures.
- Ability to interact with employees and vendors in a professional manner.
- Ability to work independently and will a team in a fast-paced and high volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness.
- Ability to perform mathematical computations such as percentages, fractions, addition, subtraction, multiplication and division quickly and accurately.
- Capable of identifying and completing critical tasks independently and with a sense of urgency.
- Accounting Degree, CPA is a plus
- 3+ years of accounting experience.
- Proficient in Excel, Word, Outlook, Accounting Software (Netsuite experience a plus)
- Complete medical & dental coverage starting at 90% employer paid premiums for single coverage.
- Our safe harbor 401(k) plan is available to employees on day 1, and includes a 100% fully vested employer match of up to 4% of your compensation.
- LS Networks encourages staff members to pursue ongoing education and gain industry certifications by offering tuition reimbursement opportunities.
- 9 paid holidays, 2 floating holidays and 15 days PTO start accruing on day 1.
- Flexible work scheduling and work from home ability is also available after 90 days.
- LS Networks employees can also take advantage of local employee store passes, local sporting event tickets and much more!
Job Type: Full-time
- Accounting: 3 years (Preferred)
- Store Discounts
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Innovative — innovative and risk-taking
- People-oriented — supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented — cooperative and collaborative
- Monday to Friday
- Day shift
Please send an email with cover letter and résumé to HR@LSNetworks.net
LS Networks provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, age, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, military status, physical or mental disability, or any other legally protected status.