OSP Support Specialist
The OSP Support Specialist will collaborate with Project Managers, OSP Engineers, OSP CAD and third party consultants to support the projects of the Outside Plant department. Technical writing and communications skills along with the ability to work well with others and establish positive relationships with vendors, landowners, and agency personnel are necessary for success in this position. The OSP Support Specialist will be expected to perform efficiently and effectively under tight project deadlines.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate and track permitting process, ensuring timely application, negotiation and implementation.
- Obtaining Permits:
- Obtaining permits, researching permit requirements, contact with the correct permitting agency
- Understanding permitting regulations, writing required documentation.
- Submitting documents to correct division of permitting agency. Tracking and recording submission of the permits, making adjustments if needed.
- Planning, scheduling, permitting and joint use elements of their projects.
- Maintaining Permits these include (but are not limited to) the following:
- City, County, State & Federal Right of Way Permits (also known as “Encroachment” permits)
- Bridge Permits
- Environmental permits
- Contractor Prequalification Permits
- Building permits
- Land Use permits
- Railroad Right of Way permits
- Railroad Right of Entry permits
- Traffic Control Permits
- Joint Use – Pole Permits
- Create and maintain an organized and accessible permit, permissions and joint use pole locations filing system.
- Researching land ownership, researching land owner to obtain contact information, making contact with the land owner, writing the easement – which includes writing a legal description of the parcel & coordinating with CAD operator to obtain an illustration (Exhibit B) of the parcel, providing the easement documents to the land-owner.
- Request appropriate signatures from owner, track and follow-up on that easement until it has been obtained and paid for.
- Obtain Right of Entry (ROE) from building owners when customers rent in a building.
- Review project KMZ to determine if permits meet agencies requirements to construct the project.
- Advising the Project Managers on permitting time-lines for appropriate agencies.
- Diligence research on land parcels to determine project costs of parcel development.
- Resource to OSP Specialist - deciphering field notes, deciphering engineering/design instructions, providing direction on what to do when data is missing, unclear, or incorrect.
To perform the job successfully an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- High level of competency with office practices and procedures, especially business correspondence, and with the full MS Office software suite. Familiarity with GIS / CAD applications a plus.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with local and regional officials, consultants, vendor contacts and property owners. Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Dedication and persistence when faced with challenging situations.
- Ability to condense large amounts of research and input from relevant sources into concise project reports and updates.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to establish and adjust priorities as needed.
- Ability to read and navigate a map.
- Mentor OSP Specialist in writing complex Joint-use, make-ready tickets, and JU tickets where data is missing, unclear, or incorrect.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops challenging yet realistic action plans.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibilities for own and team actions; follow through on commitments.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
Education and/or Experience
5-7 years of experience in related field
BS/BA in related discipline a plus
Demonstrated experience within a team driven project environment.
Telecommunications experience a plus
Physical Demands/Work Environment
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to regularly sit and use their hands and fingers, to handle or feel and to manipulate keys on a keyboard. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by an employee in this position. These statements are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees in this position.
To apply, please email a cover letter, resume and your salary requirements to Winfried Vogt at WVogt@LSNetworks.net with your name and the job title in the subject line.