Construction Ground hand - Laborer
The LS Networks Laborer installs and repairs fiber optic telecommunications systems and equipment. The laborer works under the Construction Manager of Outside Plant to install and maintain LS Networks physical network, including plant ancillary equipment, fiber, coaxial, copper and power cable, and low power voltage systems.
- Use appropriate hand and power tools to properly measure, cut, bend, assemble and erect all components necessary for lifting, moving and installing plant materials in accordance with the applicable plans, specifications, codes and industry standards.
- Build aerial plant to customer specifications to include: framing poles, placing new strand, lashing new cable to bare strand, over lashing cable to existing strand and cable. Installing anchors and down guys, snow shoes, placing FST fiber terminals, grounding & bonding of strand, placement of riser guards, trimming trees, pulling of cable/fiber short distances in conduit, installing pole mounted cabinets, placing ground rods and installing VGR’s on poles, swapping lashers on poles either from a bucket truck or from hooks/ladders.
- Dismantles, moves, and removes aerial, underground or building wire, cable associated equipment and hardware.
- Connects wires and cables to terminals and attaches/detaches various kinds of hardware to wires, cables, building, or poles.
- Reports all accidents and near misses to supervisor.
- Repairs and maintains major cable/fiber system and structures such as broken lashing, replacing or re-sagging aerial strand, pole transfers, down-guys, aerial to underground conversion, make ready, VGR’s and all grounding and bonding functions as per NESC, & NEC code.
- Deploying and removing various traffic control devices that protect the work area while on a street or roadway.
- Bolt systems or equipment into place, using hand or power tools.
- Participate, adhere to and support all safety related policies, processes and programs.
- Operates power equipment such as compressors, pumps, blowers, hydraulic diggers, and hydraulic aerial bucket trucks
- Perform all other actions necessary to accomplish the foregoing principal duties and accountabilities. This may require working in other crafts at levels appropriate to training and skills as requested by project supervisor.
- Perform all other job related duties as requested by supervisor.
- On call rotation responding and restoring services for emergency calls, responsible for being on the job at short notice to repair damaged cables until Service is restored.
Education and/or Experience
High School Diploma or equivalent
1 year previous laborer, lineman or similar craft helper experience
Physical Demands/Work Environment
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by an employee in this position. These statements are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees in this position.
To apply, please email a cover letter, resume and your salary requirements to Dave Rands at DRands@LSNetworks.net with your name and the job title in the subject line.